b intheair: ANOTHER DAY

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

ANOTHER DAY

7/23 Blue skies and temp hit 116-evening skies were orange in color.
7/24 Duststorm/sandstorm-visability 1/4 mile. Inbound and outbound traffic at a standstill-evening the skies cleared up
7/25 116 was the high temp for the day
7/26 temperature at 1430 hrs was 118

Another day comes and another day goes, its obvious that I'm in a slump. Days are going by incredibly slow and prior to today, haven't had anything positive to say. 2 Aug is the big day for R&R, the date has changed a dozen times. Its a pain in ass to go home because you have to go through Chaplains brief ie don't go home and yell at wife and beat the kids, you know shes obviously doing things right or you would have found out by now. Also when go home don't kill yourself (suicide brief), I guess they want you to come back to get killed (fatalistic approach). I should change my attitude because Eriks starting to take on my role. The only difference is when I speak out of line he cheers me on . This way it makes it look like he's the good guy and I'm the bad guy. When he gets out of line I restrain him so he doesn't get his ass chewed to badly which also makes him look good. All I can say, I hope he survives my leave, everybody needs someone to keep an eye on, you find yourself doing and acting pretty strange at times. On my return our team will be down to 4, from the original 12. Work has eased but there are alot of loose ends that need to be taken care of before we leave our desert hide away. Anyway, everbody keep an eye on Erik's post and rein him in when he gets on a rampage (you find out theirs not a lot people who care because their in the same position).
Well tommorrow is a heightend security day so were all supposed to be on the alert. You would think when you carry your weapon and basically sleep with your weapon that you would also keep it clean so it will work. So the other day it was manadatory weapons cleaning day, so were ready, bring it on. With some of the attitudes I'd hate to be on the receiveing end, YIKES!

4 Comments:

Blogger aka_Meritt said...

116. We 'almost' made it. We got to 101 but the humidity was high so the heat index was 112 for 2 days. Close... so close.

But last night we got rain and a cool front. Which reminds me, I was going to ask you about rain. How often do they get it and when in the last time you saw any over there?

5:21 PM  
Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Hey, stay safe on that trip home and back.
That was a pretty tame post for you, wasn't it? I guess your trying to leave Iraq mode behind you...You have to lighten up for your R&R.
We are having a tropical heat wave here in the US.
Yes, how much does it rain in Iraq?

6:40 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Ahhh, but no humidity in Iraq. And that makes a difference.

The countdown to R&R continues. Makes the days go slower, I'm sure.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

whew...we just got a cool front. I thought our 98 gegree weather was going to kill me. LOL....Man, I do not know how ya'll do it. You are my hero.:)

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home