b intheair: FAMILY HOME IMPROVEMENT PHOTO

Saturday, July 30, 2005

FAMILY HOME IMPROVEMENT PHOTO


image_1.jpg
Originally uploaded by Curtis Caldwell.
Temperatue at 1300 hrs (1 PM), 122 degrees. Incredible clear blue skies, it feels like the sun will just burn right through you.


This is the only family photo that I recieved while in Iraq, so it will have to do.
Nikolaus-(age 15) oldest back right was pissed off because he missed baseball game that he was to play in. Best friend came into town to help around the house while I was in Iraq, he took family out eat. Oldest son thanked him by stomping around and having a temper tantrum.
Meghan (age 13) oldest daughter had same dispostion (but is a big NASCAR fan and keeps me up to date on racing, so I have to forgive her-she gets away with murder-damn her). 13 going on 30 and is helpless when it comes to helping with chores or helping anybody but herself.
Daughter #2 (Rebekka) bottom left is the sweetest thing in the world and would do anything for anybody. I feel sorry for her because she will be taken advantage of any position she gets into (my goal will be to encourage her to be more independent and stand up for herself). We enjoy baking cookies together. Yes Merrit were going to be making cookies at home.
Zakery #2 man of the house. We had car problems before I left for Iraq. He was my tool runner while doing maintenance. Every time MOM gets ready to go some place he goes thru a checklist of things for his mother ie checks under car for fluid leaks and tells mom to check oil while he goes around and kicks the tires (age 4- he knows more than 15 yr old) Being mechanically inclined I've tried to include him in on changing oil, brakes and other aspects of car maintenance with no success (I'll be 70 yrs old and will be changing his flats)
Olivia 2yrs on 6 Aug- Papa's princess. She has been waiting about a month now as Mom keeps telling her I'm coming home to celebrate her B-day. She stood in the picture window crying for 45 minutes yesterday, calling out my name (couple more days honey).
Matthew-(age 8)#1 man and helps mom around the clock with watching kids and changing diapers. Always asking if he can help. He will make a women happy some day. Thats the family

Big picnic to send 3 more people home today. Big dog and pony show as the General will be on hand. Talk about sucking up and kissing ass time. GOD! It makes me sick.

5 Comments:

Blogger aka_Meritt said...

Yeah! Pictures! I love pictures. :P

Now I finally figured out how many kids you DO have. I was so confused. LOL. Heard the General is coming to visit. Shine up those boots mister, you're comin' home!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

What a beautiful family. I like hearing about your kids. Especially because I already feel like I "know"you. ;) Have a great day.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

What great pictures! I am starting to see another side to Curt, the guy that is mean to Erik. LOL
Thanks for the offer to send Dan books. I'll give Erik his address.
You guys are the greatest
What am I going to do when you all go home and I'm still waiting for Dan to finish his deployment.
You people are the only bright spot in this journey. Stay safe and have a safe trip home.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Great family pic! Teens, don't ya just love them? lol I love hearing about your children! I know getting home to them all is on your mind!

Take care!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

Ahh, teenagers. They make the terrible 2's look easy. LOL I hope you have a great time with your family. Lots of hugs to the littlest one!

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home