b intheair: HELL YES! Peachtree 10k/6.2 mi

Saturday, July 09, 2005

HELL YES! Peachtree 10k/6.2 mi


Peachtree 10k/6.2 mi
Originally uploaded by Curtis Caldwell.

Curt Draft Delete
Weather: Temp 116 (1630 or 4:30 P.M.) beautiful blue skies in A.M.-By noon the dust settled in with 1 mi visability. By this evening things cleared up. www.weather.com has on site states highs of 106. Najaf is south of Baghdad-Baghdad doesn't offer temps-go figure. Go to link for forcast ie 5-10 day forecast.

NASCAR UPDATE: Jimmy Johnson on the pole for Chicagoland Sheetrock 400-go to my link Nextel Cup Race. Race Sunday

I guess by now you can figure out that I'm a race fan. Updated profile and links should be noted. Called home this A.M. 2300 hrs Central Standard time, kids still up and running mom in the ground (never gets a break). At least during the school year, mom has the opportunity to get the kids in bed by using school for an excuse. No rest for mom- just wanted to drop Pete and Michelle a thanks for offering assistance in car maintenance. I'll be heading home here for R&R in Aug and will have to catch up and prepare for the up-coming MN winter. Change oil, rotate tires, check fluids and close the pool that never got opened (sounds fun). Well excited about the weekend and hoping to catch the race which I've missed the past couple of weeks. We usually get at least one day off if something doesn't comeup. Don't worry your monies not going to waste (US), everybody knows where everybody lives and so they just come and get you anyway(any time day or night-not like home where you can just ignor the phone ). This past Sunday was a day-off, oops I forgot the SGM made it mandatory to do a 10k/6.2 mi run, affiliated with Peachtree in Atlanta. It was fun to get out and run (really), sucks being told you have too. See attached photo-Sgt Holtan's favorite SGM is in the photo-whats your name for him Erik? (Erik calls him a sawed-off pip squeak! obviously, always behind his back) Yeah its a leadership thing, yeah I'm working with him, sound famialiar doesn't it Pete. I'll be keeping an eye on him and kicking him once or twice. Well, heading home and being that Erik's so sentimental, I'll have to get some ideas (Mr Romantic), NOT! I need Female insight, Help!

4 Comments:

Blogger Erik Holtan said...

Yeah, the only thing you are working with me on leadership style is how to NOT do it!
And I never said that about the SGM. I only thought it!
And don't get me started on what you and Petes combined temper is!

7:38 PM  
Blogger heather said...

Honestly Curt - I'll tell her straight out - he only drops his voice into that "nice" tone when he is talking about his wife - everybody else gets the "ITS GONNA FAIL" or "YOUR JUST SOL" tone of voice!! We still like you though Curt.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Getting the car ready for a MN winter would say, "I love you" to any woman.
I am so glad you are going to get your R&R. Stay safe and safe travel for you.

4:37 PM  
Blogger aka_Meritt said...

That 10K run would kill me.

Where in MN are you from anyway? We lived there from 96' till about 8 months ago.

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home