b intheair: Curt's returning to Iraq

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Curt's returning to Iraq

Hello everybody--just a short note to introduce myself. I am Judy--Curt's wife. Curt has been home for 15 days and is scheduled to return to Iraq tomorrow. It has been a real blessing having him home, however, it was difficult to try to squeeze in 8 months of absence into two weeks. I feel like Curt will actually be happy to get back to Iraq for somewhat of a break from me and the six kiddies. We had a lot of fun. Curt was able to be home for our daughter, Olivia's, second birthday. We celebrated at a hotel/water park and had an awesome time. We got together with a couple friends, went to the beach, went to an amusement park, went to two zoos, and made a stop at Curt's employer. The days went by quickly, but we had a very nice time. I am sure tomorrow's good byes are going to be hard--especially for our four year old,Zakery. I have been preparing him everyday--saying that papa will need to go back for awhile,however,I know that I am not prepared to say good bye, so I am sure he will have a hard time too. That is all for now--just wanted to introduce myself and say hi, and Erik, if you read this, know that you are in our thoughts and prayers as well.

3 Comments:

Blogger aka_Meritt said...

YEAH! AN UPDATE!!!!

Well, I did not have Curt's number with me but I did THINK about you (Judy) and Curt, and the kids while we were in your neighborhood this week.

We drove up to the cities to enjoy some hotel/MOA/Valleyfair time ourselves.

I'm glad you had a good time.... and will look forward to seeing Curt back online soon.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Erik Holtan said...

Damn,
Does that mean I will have to share my room soon?
Hopefully you calmed him down a bit Judy!
Curt I will be sure to pick you up at BIAP MYSELF, and rip into to you on how sucky it was and how much crap I had to go through!
Actually, I can't lie, I loved it! Go to the unit picnic today ad give them the upside down middle finger to them for me!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Cool! That is so great.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home